Windows U is a scalable, accurate, and stable tracking system for an on-campus program that introduced students to the latest generation of Microsoft technologies. Student interns called Windows Brand Ambassadors spread awareness about Microsoft products through demonstrations and trials while being rewarded with weekly incentives and prizes.
At the start of the project, our developers stabilized the existing codebase, reorganized and normalized the database and updated the user interface for easier navigation. The site was migrated to a server appropriately suited to host an enterprise-level web application workload. New features were implemented in Agile development cycles including a mobile friendly version, surveys, polls, and a complete administrative section to add and manage users, create new organizations, and manage site content including: polls, programs and schedules, rewards, training and trials. This application provided Microsoft with:
- An online presence in which student representatives can record trial feedback, questions, and concerns.
- Traceable feedback from students via social media tools such as messaging, cross posts to Twitter and Facebook, videos, pictures, links and blogs.
- Administrative views to add and manage users, create new organizations, and manage site content including: polls, programs and schedules, contests, rewards, training and trials.
- Concise and robust reporting to efficiently track weekly standings and winners.
- Technical support to users boasting a same-day response and 48-hour solution window.
- Step-by-step training materials were produced with strict adherence to Windows brand requirements and standards.