Construction Management Intern/Co-op
We are seeking an organized, motivated and self-driven intern to assist several project managers. In addition to administrative work within the office, the individual will gain experience in the field on a variety of different projects including road construction, bridges, railway and more. Interns will contribute to the contract administration and field quality assurance of their respective projects.
Job responsibilities include assisting the Project Manager(s) and Project Schedulers in preparing for and attendance at project meetings; generation of status reports and detailed project meeting minutes as well as the review and analysis of CPM Schedules. You will work closely with highly skilled, professional project managers and schedulers. Must be self-motivated, willing to learn, and extremely organized. An ideal candidate in this role may be offered a subsequent internship or full-time employment at the end of the internship.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or relevant field
- Must have completed at least 1 year of college majoring in (or have the intent to major in) engineering or construction management related fields.
- Proactive attitude with a desire to excel
- Previous experience in an office setting
- Ability to multi task, handle multiple priorities and support senior staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Create and present solutions to potential problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Computer savvy, able to learn software and utilize web
There are lots of benefits to being part of the Turino team:
- One of of PBN's Best Places to Work in RI in 2012 and 2013
- Dynamic, team-oriented and energetic work environment
- Opportunity for growth and advanced learning via training, certifications and industry events
- Five minutes from downtown Providence – easily accessible from major highways (I-95, Route 146 and I-195) and close to MBTA commuter rail and several bus lines.
- Company mascot (our dog Madison)
- Company sponsored events such as 5K obstacle races, company sponsored lunches and after work outings, etc.
Apply Today! Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the job title in the subject line.